There are several methods you can use to dry your fresh flower petals. We recommend pressing to keep the best colour and structure!
- Remove the individual petals from the flower and lay them flat between two pieces of paper towel (make a flower petal sandwich).
- Ensure there is no overlap of the petals.
- Place the sandwiched flowers between two smooth/hard surfaces (such as between the pages of a heavy book) ensuring there is weight pressing down.
- Periodically check your paper towel. If it feels damp to the touch, it must be replaced with two fresh pieces. This step is important to avoid flower decay from excess moisture.
- Drying the petals will take approximately one week, however it may take longer.
- Keep flowers pressed until they are fully dried. Fully dried flowers feel slightly brittle and the paper tower will have no residual moisture.
- You may notice a colour change in your flower petals once dried, this is normal!
Watch the short clip below to see how we press our petals!